Inspiration is in Our Nature
Author: Debbie Agnew
Nature elevates the human spirit. It ignites passion, inspiration, creativity and purpose. And it’s the driving force behind why a quarter of a million people participate in National Tree Day each year. There are few places on earth more beautiful and with a more outdoors lifestyle than Australia. Be inspired and become a site coordinator. Schools Tree Day is Friday 28 July and National Tree Day is Sunday 30 July.
We’re looking for coordinators who can host public planting events at local parks, land care or regeneration sites, sports fields, Scout Halls, or events for their community at a school or pre-school, place of worship or a workplace.
Coordinators will help connect their communities with thousands of other generous, green-minded individuals around the country to enjoy and protect Australia’s unique natural environment and benefit from positive health and wellbeing outcomes.
Coordinators don’t need to be planting professionals, as Planet Ark will provide information and ideas on how to organise an event
Tree Day engages the community in hands-on, fun, positive environmental action, in places where they live, work and play. It is based on the rationale that we can make a world of difference when we come together for the health and wellbeing of the planet and all its inhabitants.
Find out more about becoming a site coordinator in your community.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Over the coming months coordinators will register sites around the country. Find a site near you (and if you can’t find one now remember to look closer to the date).
- Start a vegie patch or tree planting at your child’s school.
- Create a vertical garden or host a plant giveaway at your workplace.
- Plant in your own backyard, patio or balcony.
Debbie was Planet Ark's Tree Day Manager from 2012-2017 and had a major impact on the success and direction of Australia's largest nature care event.
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
Starting in October - the Schools Recycle Right Challenge is a 6 week build up to National Recycling Week.... More »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
Green thumbs were out in force to help celebrate Planet Ark's 22nd National Tree Day, planting to support the natural en... More »
- National Tree Day is this weekend! »
This year Planet Ark celebrates 22 years of National Tree Day by asking, what does nature mean to you?... More »
- Scientist Discover Massive New Forests »
A new global analysis has discovered 467 million hectares of previously unreported forests. This amounts to an area equi... More »
- Get Crafty this Christmas »
Before you recycle this Christmas - why not re-use some every day items to make cards, wrapping paper, decorations and e... More »
- Win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of Naturale Toilet Tissue »
Naturale are offering four lucky Australians a chance to win a YEAR'S SUPPLY of toilet tissue! Enter now... More »