Green is The Colour of Love - For the Planet
Author: Claire Bell
Show your special someone and the planet that your heart is green this Valentine’s Day.
We have some heart-warming ideas we think you’ll want to try every day:
- Go Native! – for a long-lasting gift from nature buy a native plant for the balcony or garden, it’s a gift that keeps on giving for years and the local wildlife will love you for it.
- Be a nature lover – either with that special someone or with friends and family, get out in nature for a picnic at a local park or reserve or maybe a sunset stroll along the beach. Make some memories and it's good for the heart and soul.
- Get dirty! - camping, hiking, planting trees, getting our hands dirty and our bodies sweaty outdoors not only connects us with nature but also connects us with eachother. What are you waiting for, book that dirty weekend away?
- Be a considerate lover – a thoughtful gift for the one you love such as a massage, yoga class or a beautifully prepared homemade meal will not only be appreciated but it's also gentler on the environment and lighter on landfill.
- Share the love – sharing a little more love for the planet, oursleves and eachother is something we should all be doing every day. What we love we want to protect and care for, so go on, don't be shy - share the love!