Mother's Day green gift ideas
Author: Sara McGregor
Mother’s Day is a wonderful day to show your mum you care, but the hype and commercialism around the day can be overwhelming!
All most mothers want is to spend quality time with their children and families, so here are some ideas that won’t break the bank or the planet:
- Plant a tree together, or gift her a plant in a pot that can keep on growing at home.
- Buy her an experience, like lunch out, a facial or a massage.
- Ask her what she wants so your gift won’t end up disused and dusty in a cupboard.
- Give her a reusable coffee mug or water bottle – they look great and help counteract the enormous amount of waste generated by single use cups and bottles.
- Offer to do something nice for her, like household chores you wouldn’t normally do or cook her a fancy meal at home.
- Give her a voucher to an eco store where she can pick what she’d like from sustainable and fair trade products.
- Make her breakfast in bed - bonus points for organic free range eggs!
- Organise a picnic lunch with the family.
- The easiest and best thing of all: Tell her you love and appreciate her!
Happy Mother’s Day!
- National Tree Day Research 2018: Connect in Nature »
This year's research looks at Australians attitudes towards technology and the role it can play in enhancing time spent ... More »
- Take the Schools Recycle Right Challenge »
Starting in October - the Schools Recycle Right Challenge is a 6 week build up to National Recycling Week.... More »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
Green thumbs were out in force to help celebrate Planet Ark's 22nd National Tree Day, planting to support the natural en... More »
- National Tree Day is this weekend! »
This year Planet Ark celebrates 22 years of National Tree Day by asking, what does nature mean to you?... More »
- Scientist Discover Massive New Forests »
A new global analysis has discovered 467 million hectares of previously unreported forests. This amounts to an area equi... More »
- Inspiration is in Our Nature »
Nature elevates the human spirit. It ignites passion, inspiration, creativity and purpose. And it's the driving force be... More »