2015 Schools Competition - Nature Craft Entrants
Foundation Christian College - WA
Year 6Teacher: Sharon Mitchell
1. Explain to children that we are going on a nature hunt, explain safety rules and how to be kind to our environment. Brain storm things that we might find on our walk.
2. Give each child a bag/pot to collect their nature items.
3. Walk all over school property paying special attention to different items in different areas.
4. Back in class, give children a squeezy bottle that contains good quality PVA glue.
5. Children squeeze a generous amount in a free form shape onto a piece of garbage bag.
6. Children choose items from their pot/bag to put onto the glue.
7. Let dry for several days (times differ according to weather).
8. Peel glue and nature craft off bag.
9. Using a large needle, put a hole in the glue.
10. Thread twine through and hang from ceiling.