Community Garden Competition
Author: Hasmukh Chand
This National Tree Day, Planet Ark and Toyota are giving you a chance to WIN a $7,500 garden makeover for your local community. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to bring some nature into your local area.
Whether it is a herb garden, or a vertical garden or some colourful natives, it is up to you to decide.
To enter the competition, all you have to do is;
- Enter the competition by completing the entry form. Planet Ark will use this information to register your community garden or nature care group project as an official National Tree Day site.
- Post a National Tree day photo on your Facebook and/or Instagram with #NTD2016
- Tell us in 25 words or less, how $7,500 from Toyota would assist your nature care community garden project!
"The most creative and inspiring entry will win!"
Through this 17-year National Tree Day partnership, Planet Ark and Toyota have planted over 23 million trees. Over the past few years, research conducted by Planet Ark and sponsored by Toyota Australia has shown the many benefits of spending time in nature. For example, our latest research Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment - found that just 10 minutes a day surrounded by natyre can make us feel better.
Good luck with your entries! We look forward to seeing your creative ideas and how the garden transforms your commuity.
Hasmukh joined Planet Ark to support the National Tree Day campaign. He has a wealth of experience working with other great environmental organisations, as well as a degree in environmental science. Hasmukh also volunteers with the SES and continues to support other environment groups as a volunteer.
- Win An iPad Pro by Taking Our Survey »
If you've used BusinessRecycling.com.au, then we'd like your feedback to make our service even better for you. Give us 5... More »
- New Scrap Metal Legislation for NSW »
As of the 1 March new rules came into effect for scrap metal dealers in NSW aimed at addressing property crime like copp... More »
- Wood - Nature Inspired Design Report Launched on World Wood Day »
To coincide with World Wood Day 2017 Planet Ark has completed a new report - Wood - Nature Inspired Design - which outli... More »
- 4 Ways to Make the Business Case for Less Waste »
The new guide that makes the business case for less waste. Save money, get a competitive edge and improve staff morale... More »
- 14 Items You Can Recycle - But Probably Aren't (Part One) »
Australians have embraced recycling with more than nine out of ten people recycling at home. But as the industry continu... More »
- Architecture Students and Refugees Build a Timber Community Centre for a Refugee Camp in Mannheim, Germany. »
18 Architecture students from Germany's University of Kaiserslauten have teamed up with 25 refugees to build a timber co... More »
- Australia's Tallest Engineered Timber Building to be Built in Brisbane »
A high-performance commercial building and the tallest engineered timber building in the country is set to be built in t... More »
- Stadium for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games to Feature a Wooden Arena »
According to the Architect behind the revolutionary design for the stadium to be used for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, ... More »
- Fraser Coast Becomes the First Council in Queensland to adopt a Wood Encouragement Policy »
Fraser Coast Council has become the first local council in Queensland to adopt a Wood Encouragement Policy, the focus of... More »
- Spotted Gum and Ironbark Feature in ICC Sydney »
Joint venture partners HASSELL + Populous have worked together to design a world class convention, exhibition and entert... More »
- Construction to Commence on the Otago Polytechnic Student Village »
In what will be the largest building of its type in New Zealand, XLam will supply all the CLT for an innovative student ... More »
- WoodTek Headquarters - Taiwan's First CLT Building »
Taiwan's first-ever cross-laminated timber (CLT) building has risen in Taichung's concrete jungle - an impressive feat o... More »
- Two More Wood Encouragement Policies Introduced in Western Australia »
The Shire of Manjimup, which is located 320km south of Perth, and the Shire of Dardanup, which is located close to Bunbu... More »
- Choosing an eco-friendly Christmas tree »
For a lot of us, Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without a tree, so should you fake it or go fresh?... More »
- Flings Save Tonnes of Paper »
For Planet Ark's National Recycling Week this year, organisations around the country participated in the Friday File Fli... More »