2015 Schools Tree Day Nature Craft Competition Winners Announced
A Huge Congratulations to the Schools Tree Day Competition Winners for 2015!
This year we asked for tree-mendous nature based art and craft ideas to inspire kids and teachers. We're happy to say we were swamped with amazing suggestions of how to combine imagination with leaves, rocks and sticks to make wonderful artwork.
All the entries showed the inspirational power of contact with nature. The entries were judged on a combination of creativity, photo quality, clear instructions and use of natural materials. It was too much of a challenge to narrow it down to the top ten, so we included sixteen winners, and there were many more we wish we could have included.
Congratulations and thank you to all the teachers and students who went outside to get inspired. Check out the winning entries in this great PDF (the winning schools receive a printed book version)
We hope you and your class are inspired to try some of these for Christmas or just as a great end of year activity.
And if that's not enough, you can view all the entries to this years Schools Tree Day Competion right here on the Tree Day website, brought to you by Toyota Australia and Planet Ark.
The Winners in Alphabetical Order:
- Bowen & District Child Care Centre - Teacher: Tina Rowe - Wombats Kindergarten
- Cammeray Children's Centre - Teacher: Elizabeth Arrabalde
- Dalkeith Primary School - Teacher: Aoife McCabe - PP2
- Keiraville Community Preschool - Teacher: Margaret Gleeson
- Korowal School - Teacher: Kirrily Boyd - Year 5
- Lyndhurst Early Learning Centre - Teacher: Cathy Dawson - Adelaide Room
- Mooroopna Primary School - Teacher: Alicia Jones - Year 3
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School - Teacher: Karen Batty - Year 3 Room 1
- Ngukurr School - Teacher: Shona Harris - 3/4 Explorers
- Plunkett Street Public School - Teacher: Juliet Coyle - Kakadu Kids
- Port Macquarie Community Preschool - Teacher: Heather Mayne - Room Yellow - Tuesday and Thursday
- Skipton Primary School - Teacher: Georgie Green - Grade Two
- Telarah Public School - Teacher: Anne Kelly - Preschool
- Terranora Child Care Centre - Teacher: April Bayley - Desert Peas (18mths-2yrs)
- Warradale Community Child Care Centre - Teacher: Emma Roberts - Preschool
- Winters Flat Primary School - Teacher: Fiona Johnston
2015 Schools Tree Day Competition - Nature Inspired Craft
This book features the winning entries in the 2015 Schools Tree Day Competition, brought to you by Toyota Australia and Planet Ark.
Documents marked with may only be available in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (or the reader), a FREE reader is available from Adobe.