Tree Day at work
Bring your corporate social responsibility values to life by taking part in National Tree Day, Australia’s largest nature care and tree planting event!
Here are just a few ways your workplace can take part:
1. Host a “Green Tea,” native plant giveaway, or eco workshop. Better yet, have the activity outdoors and unplug from the office.
2. Create awareness amongst staff about the personal and environmental health benefits of taking part in Tree Day - distribute our adaptable email and/or put up our poster to help everyone get inspired.
3. Promote a healthy work life balance - encourage staff to bring Tree Day to their backyard or balcony and they could WIN a luxurious nature getaway weekend for two!
4. Offer your expertise, time and resources to help a community group or school run a planting event.
6. If you own land, run your own private corporate tree planting event. Otherwise, join your local event. If don’t have land and want to run a corporate tree planting site as a team building event, please contact the following organisations (there’s an approximate fee of $150 per staff member):
7. Become a National Tree Day Sponsor - To start a long term relationship with us, contact Planet Ark's National Tree Day Manager, Debbie Agnew, on 02 8484 7200.
For more ideas and great tips:
- Workplace Activity Guide (1.24MB pdf file)
This Workplace Activity Guide outlines a range of activities for Tree Day activities and ways that workplaces can make their activities dynamic and engaging.
Documents marked with may only be available in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (or the reader), a FREE reader is available from Adobe.