National Tree Day is an invaluable opportunity to reach out to your community and be recognised for making a lasting positive contribution to the environment. As Australia’s biggest nature care event, every year thousands of organisations get involved, including schools, councils, community groups, Scouts and Guides, tertiary institutions, and religious groups. Businesses will be playing an even greater part with the release of our Workplace Activity Guide, which contains great examples and ideas of how businesses can take part. The guide is based on previous Tree Day successes, and offers great tips to make your activities dynamic and engaging. Remember to register a coordinator and your event(s) to benefit from promotional opportunities and to be counted in the national results...now get growing!
Quick overview of how businesses can participate
- Fundraise for National Tree Day, a site near you, or donate to help us make each year bigger and better than the last!
- Support, or participate in, a local Tree Day site by either volunteering at your local site, donating goods and services, and/or fundraising. Find a Site near you to support, or advertise your offer of goods/services appear on our Offers of Help page.
- Engage your staff with a native plant display or giveaway, eco workshops or talks, or a “green hour” challenge/activity – get creative!
- Become a National Tree Day Sponsor - To start a long term relationship with us, contact Planet Ark's National Tree Day Manager, Debbie Agnew, on 02 8484 7200. Our main sponsors are Toyota Australia and Bunnings.
- Run your own Tree Day Site. The help of volunteers reduces a lot of the costs associated with tree
planting, but keep in mind that planting consists of one day out of many
in a tree’s life! Running your own site through these organisations
will cost approximately $150 per person to cover the costs of growing
the seedlings and maintenance, which make your efforts last! If you own land suitable for planting, you can hold a private planting site for staff or advertise your event to the public on our website to involve the community. If you do not own land, you can contact the following organisations directly regarding site availability:
Questions? Call our friendly dedicated hotline on 1300 88 5000 or email us.
- Workplace Activity Guide (1.51MB pdf file)
This Workplace Activity Guide outlines a range of activities for Tree Day activities and ways that workplaces can make their activities dynamic and engaging.
Documents marked with may only be available in PDF format. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (or the reader), a FREE reader is available from Adobe.